Re: Yahoo Groups for List?

To: DShoop7572@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Yahoo Groups for List?
From: RayAntoky@aol.com
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 20:45:12 EDT

On Tue, 13 Aug 2002, at around 19:53:35 local time, RayAntoky@aol.com
wrote:

>Mike:
>I already apologized to Joe and explained myself as well as I could to the
list. Graham (to whom the above comment was addressed) obviously had
>not been up to speed regarding my replies as you probably are not. However
if you choose to get into a name calling contest you can count me
>out. If you are suggesting members not reply to my inquiries, you are not
being very sportsmanlike.

Dear Ray,

The "don't feed the troll" thing has been around on Usenet for donkeys'
years.   All it does is remind people not to wade into a thread where
nothing substantive (or on-topic) is being said.   As far as I can see,
after the first few posts in this thread, it degenerated into a slanging
match, with no obvious sign of any end.   This is not good etiquette on
any mailing list, and all of those who flung insults around are equally
to blame.

If anyone posts a substantive, on-topic, query on the Triumphs list, it
will get answered, and that's how it should be.   If I can help you with
any inquiries you post (unlikely, but possible), I'll certainly try to
do so.

Good luck with your TR - I'm envious as hell!

ATB

--
Mike
Carly  - 1977 Inca Yellow Spitfire 1500 FM105671

Dave:
You're feeding the Troll!
Lighten up!
Ray