Re: Yahoo Groups for List?

To: "Triumph Internet Mail List." <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Yahoo Groups for List?
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 07:48:54 -0700
Ray Wrote:

You are obviously a nasty person. Who made you the spokesman for the rest of
us? Huh???

A list is only as good as its contributors. Why should we be deprived of an
archive?
What is your allegiance to someone who is failing to provide a normal service?
I am on other Yahoo lists and they work great.
Why not have Mark tell us why there is no longer an archive? You are a selfish,
self centered individual. So there!

Ray,
I am neither nasty nor a spokesman for anyone but myself.  I am only speaking
rom experience and I prefer the way Majordomo works far better than the
Yahoo Groups.  Yahoo offers their "FREE" server for list usage for one and only
one reason... to make money!  Therefore they load all their screens
down with advertisements and ask you to both login all the time and poll you to
ascertain your buying habits.

I find this to be a bit much when there is a really free list server run by
Mark Bradakis.  All Mark asks is for donations to replace equipment as it
wears out.  If it was all said and done, I would bet Mark loses money on the
proposition.  I salute him for the time he spends keeping the lists (yes,
he serves many of them) running.  And as I said, he is one of US.  He owns and
races Triumphs, so he can relate fully to those he serves.

So my allegiance is toward him.

Cheers,
Joe

P.S. There have been archives in the past and I am sure as Mark gets time, he
will get them up again.  Meanwhile, if you have any questions that you
need answers to, just ASK.  I doubt you will find anyone on this list who will
hesitate to provide the answers you need without your having to sort
through endless pages of archives.