Re: Yahoo Groups for List?

To: RayAntoky@aol.com, spitlist@gte.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Yahoo Groups for List?
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 23:10:45 EDT
In a message dated 8/11/2002 10:14:07 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
RayAntoky@aol.com writes:

> ...C'mon  we need a searchable archive. Move on up!

Funny thing...if we had a working, searchable archive for this list (we did
once, and I'm sure we will again eventually), you'd be able to see just how
many times this thread has come up. You'd also probably notice that
"autox.team.net" lists win just about every time.

Some Yahoo Groups lists are great. Others are less so. Pretty much all of
them will have ads of some sort in the messages, or lead to your receiving
ads, and spam, and worse...usually in substantial quantity.

Both Team.Net and Yahoo! are essentially "free" services. Both have their
place and their value (or lack of same, depending on individual tastes,
perceptions, etc.). The difference? One is administered by someone who gives
a darn! Guess which one?

--Andy Mace

"There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this
line." -- Oscar Levant