Re: TR List meetings or get togethers?

To: "David Dressel" <daviddressel@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: TR List meetings or get togethers?
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 09:06:42 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "[unknown]" <ebk@buffnet.net>
Message text written by "David Dressel"
>It is with great humility from a "new guy" - who should probably be
reading
and not writing - that I make the following suggestion:  what do you think
about everyone adding their city of residence on their signature blocks?  I

have included mine, and with it have made contact with another TR owner
just
a few miles away.  We would never have connected if not for that, because
the local club is "inactive".  I believe it would also be interesting to
see
the geographic (global)distribution of listers.  I am on two Jag lists
("Saloon Lovers" and "XK Engines"), and there are listers from every
continent who are frequent contributors.  Fascinating, actually.  And
different problems, too.  E.G.:  a guy from France can't seem to get
quality
straight-weight motor oils (although Castrol is available there), folks
from
India have diffent problems with electical components (climate?) etc.

David Dressel
Champaign, IL USA
'67 Jaguar Mk2 3.4 Auto
'60 Triumph TR3A (Betty Lou)
<

Great idea.  Also adding the type of car helps a bunch, too.  Since this is
a "general TR list" we get questions about things that vary from car to
car.  Even though most Spitfire questions go to the Spitfire list and most
wedge questions go to the Wedge list, there is still a lot of differences
over the spread of the TR2-TR6 line.

Dave Massey
St. Louis, MO USA
57 TR3