Re: TR List meetings or get togethers?

To: ebk@buffnet.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR List meetings or get togethers?
From: "David Dressel" <daviddressel@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 22:51:33 -0500 FILETIME=[8CEB0880:01C241B3]
All:

It is with great humility from a "new guy" - who should probably be reading
and not writing - that I make the following suggestion:  what do you think
about everyone adding their city of residence on their signature blocks?  I
have included mine, and with it have made contact with another TR owner just
a few miles away.  We would never have connected if not for that, because
the local club is "inactive".  I believe it would also be interesting to see
the geographic (global)distribution of listers.  I am on two Jag lists
("Saloon Lovers" and "XK Engines"), and there are listers from every
continent who are frequent contributors.  Fascinating, actually.  And
different problems, too.  E.G.:  a guy from France can't seem to get quality
straight-weight motor oils (although Castrol is available there), folks from
India have diffent problems with electical components (climate?) etc.

Just an idea....

D.

David Dressel
Champaign, IL USA