RE: New Owner, New Lister, probably old questions

To: homebru@mindspring.com
Subject: RE: New Owner, New Lister, probably old questions
From: "David Dressel" <daviddressel@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 22:05:40 -0500 FILETIME=[23E12320:01C241AD]
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Chris:

Welcome.  I'm somewhat new to the list myself, and have found it (and
especially Randall) to be a tremendous asset.

Having no technical skills or knowledge puts me at a disadvantage, but if
you are considering new wheels, take a look at some stainless steel wheels
before you go to chrome.  I have chrome on my Jag Mk2, and I have some
rusting around the ties to the rim.  I put Dayton stainless on my TR3A to
avoid the rust, and they look every bit as good as the unrusted chrome.
Both cars have 15", 72 spoke wheels, and now that my TR is frequently
operating, will turn my attention to restoration of the Jag.  It will get
new Dayton'$ in the process.

Dave

PS:  No business relationship, no relatives, no kickbacks, etc., etc.

David Dressel
Champaign, IL USA
'67 Jaguar Mk2 3.4 Auto
'60 Triumph TR3A (Betty Lou)