Water temp gauge

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Water temp gauge
From: SDOliner@aol.com
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 23:07:35 EDT
The water temp gague on my 67 TR4A, doesn't work. Last year I replaced the
voltage stabilizer, and I had both the fuel and temp gagues working tor a
spell. (actually all the lights and gagues for a brief time)
Gauge will read all the way hot with 12 volts across it, but won't budge with
8 volts.
I have changed the temp sending unit, which sends varying voltage depending
on how hot the engine is. Even ran temporary "jumper" wires to eliminate a
short in the harness.
Time for a new gauge?
Anyone know of a source?
Or can a get this one rebuilt?
If anyone on the list has a spare for sale, contact me off list.

David Oliner