Re: Car shows- slight rant

To: DShoop7572@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Car shows- slight rant
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 20:45:22 EDT
Dave,
The British Car Show you went to was The 25th Annual Austin Healey British
Car Show and Swap Meet.  I missed it this year for the first time in 20 years
to attend my daughters college graduation.  It is the original British Car
Day in North East Ohio and it doesn't get any better than this.  I hear there
were 160 cars this year and the rest were turned away which is typical for
them since the N.E.O.A.H.C. would like you to Pre-Register.

If it was a typical year there were probably 30 or so "Show Cars" which are
professionally restored to high standard, usually Jags and Healeys with a few
Triumphs and MGs thrown in.  The rest of the field is just us regular OLE
Folks from the North Coast Triumph Association and the Emerald Neckless MG
Club.  Sure, most of the cars look good.  That is because we "Luv Um" and
spend countless hours cleaning and shinning, restoring with Rust-Olem or
whatever to make them the best that they can be!  We are ALL driving in there
TOO!

OK I admit some of us go nuts and take the whole car apart, rebuild and
detail everything, spend a few bucks on a good paint job so we can look real
good out there but we are still driving and enjoying them.  They are not
$40,000 machines!  Unless you count our own labor and then they are $80,000
machines.

By the way I hear there were only a few TR4's in the show.  If you would have
Pre-Registered you might have won something.

Darrell Floyd
10 Triumphs
Lots of Rust-Oleum used in over 20 years of Triumphs