Re: Some TR3 questions

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Some TR3 questions
From: "Kurtis" <kurtisj@cox-internet.com>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 19:58:26 -0500
> If the plug
> wires are metal-core (as they have to be to work correctly with the
original
> dizzy cap), it should be a fairly easy job to cut off the push-in
connector,
> and install the nut and copper flat washer from your old wires.  Check
> before you cut though, if they're carbon-core then send them back !

Randall,

What's the problem with non-metal core wires with the original distributor
cap?  I assume we're talking about the cap with the metal screws that screw
into the wires to make contact (?).  The reason I ask is that I have
non-metal core wires on mine, and they seem to work fine.  I was a bit
concerned about them at first, but when a head an installed them, and tested
the connection.  Everything checked out, and the car seems to run fine.

Kurtis J.
1963 TR4
www.geocities.com/tr4_1963