Re: Ebay 1969 TR6 (vin numbers)

To: tr list list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ebay 1969 TR6 (vin numbers)
From: Darrell Walker <darrellw@inetarena.com>
Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 14:46:33 -0700
On 5/6/02 6:51 AM, "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com> wrote:

> I wonder if this is similar to the 'STC' plates that California Triumphs
> frequently got in the 60's.  These were not "date of manufacture" but rather
> "date first sold", and were apparently added by the dealers to explain a car
> that was possibly several years old being sold as 'new'.

One thing I've yet to see mentioned in the discussions about the 'STC'
plates is how the vehicles are titled.  My 66 TR4A had the "VIN" listed on
the title as "66CTC.....".  So I always assumed the extra plate was to
document the year.  Caused a bit of trouble when I tried to re-title in
Washington, since the title didn't match the commission plate.

--
Darrell Walker
66 TR4A IRS