Re: Ebay 1969 TR6 (vin numbers)

To: jonmac@ndirect.co.uk
Subject: Re: Ebay 1969 TR6 (vin numbers)
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 05:55:19 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
I'm not commenting on the eBay tr6, or verifying the "authors" claims.  I
don't know about TR6 commission plates and am certainly not disputing
anybody,s claims here...but just for the record...my ORIGINAL still on the
car commission number plate on my Spitfire has stamped in quite legible
characters January 1972 right at the top as well as the usual, trim, paint
and FK----- number at the bottom of the plate.  This plate is one that I
have rarely if ever seen in any of the parts outlets.  It's much bigger
about 3 1/2  inches square instead of the more usual rectangular ones seen.
 But I don't doubt that it is the original one.  I bought the car, from a
dealers lot in 1973 and it' s been on there since -