Re: Ebay 1969 TR6 (vin numbers)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ebay 1969 TR6 (vin numbers)
From: Scott Tilton <sdtilton@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 11:18:43 -0700 (PDT)
Since everyone else is chiming in on this . .I will go ahead too.

The plate on the door jamb of my TR6 is stamped Feb  1970
It looks original to me. (Although a little worse for wear)

As for the issue of the seats. . . Those are 1969 TR6 seats.
TR250 seats are a different animal.

The confusion might be a terminology issue:

The HEADRESTS will fold forward.
although maybe the owner doesn't even know this)

The angle of the seatbacks isn't adjustable on these seats though. (I think)

Maybe that's the source of the miscommunication.

Other comments:
It has a nice 1969 TR6 steering wheel.
(I've always liked those)

In 69 the windsheild frame was still body colored . .but I don't think the
grill surround was.

The wheels do look like 1969 ROStyle wheels with the long studs on them.
Finding the right wheel covers would be a neat trick.

The door handle is at an odd orientation . . . I can see doing this on a TR4
where the pulls might really hit your legs. . but the TR6 door pulls don't
protrude anywhere near as much.

And how about those screws holding the door pad on!

Under the hood:
Where's the radiator duct?
Where's the washer bottle?

Scott Tilton