Re: Ebay 1969 TR6 (vin numbers)

To: "bschwart@postoffice.pacbell.net" <bschwart@postoffice.pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: Ebay 1969 TR6 (vin numbers)
From: suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 21:26:50 -0400
Cc: "g.allgood@LVS.NET" <g.allgood@LVS.NET>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
On my '70 TR6, the b-post, driver's side plate states Date of
Manufacture: Feb '70 but my BMIHT Cert. states that the manufacture
date is Jan 4, 1970 and the Dispatch Date as May 13, 1970. I'm sure
John can shed some light on this, but I always assumed it had to do
with how the plates were stamped in relation to final paper work
being completed in England (as I recall from John, a way the Brits
collected some money was to register all cars even if they were
built for overseas shipping, thus assuring they collected their
registration tax).

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6