Re: TR4 Head - Serious Problem - Need Help!!!

To: "Randall Young" <randallyoung@earthlink.net>, "'Brian Sanborn'" <sanborn@net1plus.com>, "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR4 Head - Serious Problem - Need Help!!!
From: "Alma en Jan Westerhof" <awesterhof@hetnet.nl>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 18:42:57 +0200charset="iso-8859-1"
All,

The same kind of problem happened to me when renewing the head on my TR3-A.
After dismantling the whole job again I found out that the probelem was
caused by some pushrods not seating properly in the camfollowers, they were
somehow seating on the adge of the followers or on a ridge.

This could have been recified very easily by rotating them by hand and
easing them in the correct position.

Be careful when doing this and DO NOT pull on the pushrod because you could
have the follower sticking to it because of the cold oil and pulling the
follower out of position. You would then have it lying around in the engine
internals. This would probabaly lead to a LOT of further dismantling.

Good Luck!

Jan