Re: TR4 Head - Serious Problem - Need Help!!!

To: "Glen Murdoch" <glen.murdoch@gat.com>
Subject: Re: TR4 Head - Serious Problem - Need Help!!!
From: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 19:37:51 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Glen,

I think your right.  I have the Competition Manual... I will look it up.
As part of my machine shop work I had the rocker surfaces cut down... mine
were badly worn.

I have lots of engine bay, dashboard, windscreen and wiring harness
assembly to do.   If I run out... I will go back to work and wait for the
machine shop guy to return on Monday.  Although, I think the answer is
shortening the pushrods a 1/16 of an inch.

Not sure how to do it..... anybody got a clue.   The pushrods I have look
like the ends are just press fit in.... no tack welds   I need some way of
extracting the pushrod head without damaging the tube.

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4          CT16260L  - Groton,  MA
sanborn@net1plus.com