Re: Triumph purple

To: TYGRTR3@aol.com
Subject: Re: Triumph purple
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 11:23:55 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Fri, 16 Apr 1999 TYGRTR3@aol.com wrote:

>       I'm looking for some feedback on my choice of color for the TR-3 I'm
> restoring...I want to paint it a '95 Ford color called "Ultra violet pearl
> metallic"....a deep purple...stone grey leather interior and black
> carpets...I think it will be quite sharp....

And I agree! Bottom line: it's YOUR car; do as you wish. Yes, to some
degree you MIGHT be decreasing its value, but the change is not
irreversible. And to many, the end result might be far MORE appealing
(and even, dare I say, valuable) than the extremely rare but
factory-correct combination of, say, green paint and Targo Purple
interior. Or many of the original Herald colors such as Coffee, Alpine
Mauve, Targo Purple....

--Andy