Re: Triumph purple

To: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Subject: Re: Triumph purple
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 19:01:44 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: Triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
On Fri, 16 Apr 1999, TeriAnn Wakeman wrote:

> Bottom line....  You will have to live with it for a while.  If the
> colour fits your idea of pleasing, feels right to you on a TR3 and you
> don't mind stuffy British car chalvinists shunning your car and not
> taking you seriously because of your car's colour, do it.

My TR4 is Jaguar Racing Green.  It's a metallic green, pretty dark, and I
haven't had anyone tell me that it looked wrong.  When I repaint the car,
it will be the same color.  (factory was signal red, then it was powder
blue, now is green)

Might not look "right" on the TR3s, but who knows?

If the stuffy BCC's don't take me seriously, then I have pictures to make
'em think twice.  I like to think that I have saved my car from a fate
worse than all others: death by rust.  If that's not reason to accept me
and my car, then I take no further interest in the matter.

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its temporary home is:
http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/walker/triumph/trfaq.htm