Re: Baby Seat

To: Cliff Davies <ads.holzher@sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: Baby Seat
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 16:03:57 -0400 ()
Cc: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
On Thu, 15 Apr 1999, Cliff Davies wrote:

> I am wondering if anyone has ever put a baby seat in a TR6? and if I
> should not even attempt doing this for safety reasons. I saw a guy with
> one last summer and I started to think?? my wife is not thrilled, I know
> my son would be if he could just talk. Were talking a once and awhile
> ride to the mall, no highway sort of thing.

I did it when my daughter was very young and I, at the time, was driving a
Spitfire 1500. All the usual rules apply, mainly making sure the child
seat fits your car seat and can be made absolutely snug and tight in that
seat. You probably will need to get one of those special clips for the
car's belt if you have intertia reel belts.

The biggest problem I foresee is that some child seats simply won't fit
well into a Triumph seat.

--Andy