Re: oil pump

To: CarlSereda@aol.com
Subject: Re: oil pump
From: Brian Johnson <b.johnson@diamond.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 21:27:11 +0100
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Carl

With regard to the build date of your TR4, mine was completed on
November 13th 1963, and has chassis number  CT 272216 L, so your's is
older than mine by about 4890 cars. Mine's body number is 27380/CT.&
engine was CT 26894-E (now CT25553E -replaced when in the USA) The first
car built in 1963 is allegedly  chassis number 18605 (according to Bill
Piggot's book) so that makes 8611 cars built up to Nov 13th 1963 - I
guess yours was built about June 1963 (strikes permitting) . The
Heritage certificate will tell you !!

Cheers
Brian Johnson  (UK)
1963  TR4   AFP 503A (UK) / IZS 733(USA) - CT27216-L (now not L but O )
1954  TR2   46 BHX                         TS554-O   UK Car in pieces
1989  Vauxhall Cavalier 2.0 GLI   - Eurobox  but it goes !
Internet bjohnson@myself.com (work) or b.johnson@lycosmail.com(home)
New website http://websites.diamond.co.uk/~b.johnson/index.htm