Re: Chroming Wire Wheels

To: <RDB52670@aol.com>, <rtriplett@bjservices.com>
Subject: Re: Chroming Wire Wheels
From: "David Hill" <DavHill@email.msn.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 13:34:15 -0000
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>

-----Original Message-----
From: RDB52670@aol.com <RDB52670@aol.com>
To: rtriplett@bjservices.com <rtriplett@bjservices.com>
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Date: 28 January 1999 22:07

Hi All,
Before S/S spokes, wire wheels used to suffer from hydrogen embrittlement
during chrome plating.
The spokes, being thin, would be affected deeply enough by this to make them
less malleable than painted spokes.
On powerful cars, dropping the clutch for a fast take off could easily snap
spokes.

Dave Hill