Re: Some Other Industry News...NON-LBC

Subject: Re: Some Other Industry News...NON-LBC
From: richard jackson <richard.jackson@nene.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 09:52:09 +0000
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

Ron and Angie wrote:

> >Next year (model year 2000) the new Jag will share the Taurus platform!
> >I can't recall what they are calling it- the Series II or Mark II-
> >remarkably similiar to the original namesake( by design)
> >cheers,
> >

> No, it won't share a Taurus platform.  The Taurus is front-wheel drive, not
> rear-wheel drive.  The new entry-level Jag sedan will be rear-wheel drive.
> The only Ford product (at this time) sharing with a Jag product is the new
> Lincoln LS6 and LS8 sedans (the LS6 offers a 5-speed manual 'box!!).  And
> yes, the new Jag is very similar to it's namesake.

The New Jag is being called the S-type, not the Mk2, although every time I hear
the motoring journalists talk about it, they all refer to the Mk2, I don't
think they know the S-type existed.  I wonder if you can specify wire wheels
and overdrive with it??? :-)

Rich

ps, In 20 years time, I wonder if it'll feature heavily in a new series of the
Sweeny???? :-)