Re: Some Other Industry News...NON-LBC

To: <SLoseke@vines.ColoState.EDU>, <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Subject: Re: Some Other Industry News...NON-LBC
From: "Ron and Angie" <nottingham@alltel.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 13:47:45 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "FW Underwood" <funder77@ix.netcom.com>, "Greg" <ghutmacher@stanleyworks.com>, "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <Hutmacher@yuma.ACNS.ColoState.EDU>
>Fear not Greg, there are rumors of a smaller Jag in the works. Possibly
>sharing the all wheel drive Mondeo platform. Designed to be a BMW 3 series
>fighter. A guess at the pricing would be $28-40k.
>
>I'll throw out a quick question though. If the Ford Mondeo is British, and
>the Ford Contour/ Mercury Mystique are essentially Mondeos (except for the
>nifty all wheel drive model). Does that make the Contour/ Mystique British
>cars?
>
>Shawn Loseke

No, they are "world" cars. ;-)  Really, the chassis was developed in Europe,
while the drivetrain was developed in the States.  I think that's how it
went, been a few years since I read on the design.  If anyone's interested I
can find the articles (from RT, MT, CD, Automobile) and scan them in.  If
not, I won't.

BTW, many parts on these cars will work on a Ford Tempo!  Think about that
the next time you drive that SVT Contour!

Ron and Angie - Dalton, Ga
84 300ZX Turbo    77 Spitfire      92 Tempo GLS    62 Vitesse
IZCC# 4779