Re: Some Other Industry News...NON-LBC

To: "FW Underwood" <funder77@ix.netcom.com>, "Shawn Loseke" <SLoseke@vines.ColoState.EDU>
Subject: Re: Some Other Industry News...NON-LBC
From: "Ron and Angie" <nottingham@alltel.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 21:34:00 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <Hutmacher@yuma.ACNS.ColoState.EDU>, "Greg" <ghutmacher@stanleyworks.com>, "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>

>Next year (model year 2000) the new Jag will share the Taurus platform!
>I can't recall what they are calling it- the Series II or Mark II-
>remarkably similiar to the original namesake( by design)
>cheers,

No, it won't share a Taurus platform.  The Taurus is front-wheel drive, not
rear-wheel drive.  The new entry-level Jag sedan will be rear-wheel drive.
The only Ford product (at this time) sharing with a Jag product is the new
Lincoln LS6 and LS8 sedans (the LS6 offers a 5-speed manual 'box!!).  And
yes, the new Jag is very similar to it's namesake.

Ron and Angie - Dalton, Ga
84 300ZX Turbo    77 Spitfire      92 Tempo GLS    62 Vitesse
IZCC# 4779