Re: TR6 windscreen frame and strg whl removal

To: steve@mindtribe.com
Subject: Re: TR6 windscreen frame and strg whl removal
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 07:53:28 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 1/23/99 11:15:21 PM EST, steve@mindtribe.com writes:

<<  To remove the windscreen frame, I've removed two nuts at the bottom of the
 frame's mounting posts, one on each side of the car. The Bentley manual says
 to then "loosen" the six bolts holding the windscreen post mounting frame to
 the car, but the diagram shows only four bolts. I've loosened the four bolts
 shown but the frame will still not budge. Any of you removed the windscreen
 frame before and can tell me what I'm doing wrong?
I believe there are 3 bolts holding the frame along the interior/bottom of the
frame. Not sure if these are the same 4-6 you refer to.

 - To remove the steering wheel, the manual calls for a special tool. Anybody
 have suggestions how to do this without the tool? >>
Take off the big nut and you can usually just wiggle these things off by hand.

Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B
64 TR4