Re: Amphi-Car

To: "Lenny Seidman" <lseidman@erols.com>, "Joe Curry" <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Amphi-Car
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 99 05:21:42 -0800
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>

>> Today's "My Classic Car" featured the Amphi-Car, 800 of
>> which were built in the early 60's.

If anyone is interested in owning and restoring one I know approx. where
one is & I think it may be for sale.  I was driving my 1960 Land Rover
from California to New York last summer and came across one in
Pennsylvania.  It was sitting in front of what appeared to be a wrecking
yard along with several other cars.

The anfib was red, looked mostly intact and had some severe rust.  Any
restoration  will require cutting away parts of sheet metal and replacing
it with new metal.  I decided it was a "neat" car that requires
restoration that was out of my league so didn't wait for the place to
open.

If anyone is seriously interested I can look at a map and provide the
name of the road the car is next to.

TeriAnn Wakeman               If you send me direct mail, please
Santa Cruz, California        start the subject line with TW -
twakeman@cruzers.com           I will be sure to read the message

http://www.cruzers.com/~twakeman

"How can life grant us the boon of living..unless we dare"
Amelia Earhart 1898-1937