Re: TR6 windscreen frame and strg whl removal

To: "Steve Myers" <steve@mindtribe.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 windscreen frame and strg whl removal
From: "Bob Danielson" <75trsix@snet.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 10:23:16 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Steve,
I went through this last year. There's just the 2 nuts on the corner posts
and the 3 on top of the dash. I did not have to loosen the mounting bracket
that the posts go through, though others on the list have because the post
was rusted to the bracket. Before removing I did soak the post and bracket
in penetrating oil. When removing the windshield, it's best to have someone
help as it's critical that you pull it up and out on the same angle as it's
mounted...... sort of like this /   . My initial tendency, when working
alone, was to try and pull it, more or less, straight up which caused the
post to bind in the bracket. I also did a lot of back and forth wiggling to
break the bond.
Bob Danielson
75 TR6 - Status at
http://pages.cthome.net/BobD