RE: TR6 windscreen frame and strg whl removal

To: "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR6 windscreen frame and strg whl removal
From: Stuart Steele <ssteele@switchsolutions.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 22:12:38 -0600
> I'm replacing my steering bushes and upper crash pad in my '71 TR6 and
> have
> a couple misc questions (maybe trying to figure these out at 2AM wasn't
> helping, either!):
>
> - To remove the windscreen frame, I've removed two nuts at the bottom of
> the
> frame's mounting posts, one on each side of the car. The Bentley manual
> says
> to then "loosen" the six bolts holding the windscreen post mounting frame
> the car, but the diagram shows only four bolts. I've loosened the four
> bolts
> shown but the frame will still not budge. Any of you removed the
> windscreen
> frame before and can tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Have you removed all of the bolts holding the windshield frame to the dash?
It has been a few years since I removed a TR6 windshield, but I seem to
recall that they are cunningly concealed as the bolts which seem merely to
affix the tonneau cover attachment posts.  I seem to recall three.  The dash
pad may want to come up with the windshield.

Stuart Steele