Re: Popping Rear Hubs, Part 2

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Popping Rear Hubs, Part 2
From: Keith Laws <triumph@tollhouse.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 12:27:52 +0000
Here in the UK as far as I know no-one uses 2 or 3 legged pullers to
remove Spitfire rear hubs, they just aren't up to the job. The Triumph
Sports Six Club sells a puller specifically designed for these hubs, it
is basically the special tool that was used by the dealers when the cars
were still in production. If anyone has the Factory maintenance manual
there is a picture of it in the special tools section near the back.

The tool consists of a large casting that bolts onto the wheel studs and
you then wind down the big bolt in the centre. From what I've heard
removing hubs with this tool is very very easy.

In message , Patrick Barber <sailnbail@earthlink.net> writes

>Bryan,
>I have been working on removing the hubs from my spitfire. A few things
that I
>found are:

...snip...

>I pulled my hubs with a Craftsman 2 jaw gear puller.  You can see what
I did at

--
Keith Laws
80 Spitifre 1500 (Registered late summer 1981)