Re: Popping Rear Hubs, Part 2

To: "Stinocher, Bryan D." <bdstinocher@sewsus.com>
Subject: Re: Popping Rear Hubs, Part 2
From: "Q.D.Gurnee, Jr." <skip47@home.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 18:23:56 -0800
Cc: "'TRIUMPH MAIL'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Bryan-
You can't be gentle with these things.  I have bent the flanges on hubs
before they came loose.  Put a LOT of torque on that sucker, and when
you can't give it any more, pound on the end of the puller with a big
hammer, then go inside for a beer.  If you're lucky, you'll hear it pop
(the hub, not the beer can) while you're inside.  If not, then get out
your fire wrench and add some heat to the hub.  Not cherry red, not any
color at all, just heat it evenly.  I've used gas out of a can, but
oxyacetylene is faster if you have access to it.
-Skip