Original Triumph Racing Green found

To: "INTERNET:triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Original Triumph Racing Green found
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 21:04:31 -0500
Hey you TRG/BRG afficionados!

I have come across a small batch of TRG that was used on my '67 4A
about 30 years ago when my then 4 year old brother knocked
the car out of gear and lifted the hand brake.  The car rolled
back and hit the only tree in the vicinity.  Hit dead center on the rear
and stove in the bumper and trunk lid.  The car was fixed up and
the paint match was perfect.  To this day you can't tell what is original
and what is repair.  Especially in the last year when the paint has all been
stripped off.  But before that the match was perfect.

I have prepared and painted a piece of sheetmetal (about 1 foot square) with
that old paint, using up about 1/2 of the 6 ounces (when thinned) remaining
paint.  It looks great.  I will compare it to some of the paint
on the body, but I'd suspect that this paint is a better representation
of the paint color 30 years ago than what remains on the car. (due to sun
and oxidation)

I will try to get a computer match (without buying any paint right now).
Does anybody want to know the recipe?  I think it will be for a Dupont
base/clear paint.  I guess that can be translated into other brands if you
have the recipe.

-Tony
P.S.  I have a really nice creamy white paint on another one that I just
matched to an enamel (to match the stuff on the car).

Centari type paint  (DuPont?)

758S  Drier       50.2
705A  Black (HS)  52.3
732A  Fer Yellow  54.8