Re: HELP!! Front crank nut!!

To: autoxr@zebra.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: HELP!! Front crank nut!!
From: Grstnprts@aol.com
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 13:05:44 EST

<< HELP!!  NEED SUGGESTIONS!!! >>

OK......here is one solution (now I have more e-mails to wade thru so maybe
someone has allready answered your question) But the way we used to do it
before the invention of air tools was to stuff clothes-line down into one of
the cylinders thru the plug hole on the compression stroke.  When you try and
turn the nut the piston will come up against the clothes-line and will hold
the engine from turning there-by allowing you to break the nut free.

Good luck

Bob    Greystone Auto    www.auto-part.com   RWSankey@aol.com