RE: TR6 Radiator shroud

To: "'Frank & Carol Bandre'" <bandrece@accessus.net>
Subject: RE: TR6 Radiator shroud
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 10:44:36 -0700
Cc: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>

Frank, I used a paint called Mar-Hyde Bumper Black. It was excellent! I
think it will do exactly what you want. It seems to penetrate the fiberboard
and coat it with a water resistant layer. All that is required is a periodic
wipe with a moist cloth to keep it clean.

Of course I don't drive my car in pouring rain so I am not putting it to the
test that way.

The paint should be available from most auto parts stores. Note that it is a
paint in an aerosol can. There are some products called bumper black which
are sort of a shoe polish like substance used to coat plastic bumper covers.
Not what you want.

I used on can for my shroud. One coat on the grille side and two coats on
the engine side.

HTH.

--- Peter Zaborski  CF58310UO ---