RE: Cross-country transport for a TR2 and parts

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Cross-country transport for a TR2 and parts
From: "Dan Scharpf" <dscharpf@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 17:51:13 PST
Thanks for all the responses regarding my transportation dilemma. I've
checked out Hemmings and got about 12 pages of transport companies, but
thought I'd check with the mail list for a few recommendations before I
started dialing. The estimates I received from U-Haul and Ryder ($1400)
were for a truck that I would rent in Indiana and drive to Seattle. The
one-way drop-off fee seems to be the killer in the price.

With regards to the other parts I listed, I'll eventually get pictures
of everything and make a web page where they can be viewed. I took some
video while I was there, but since I was stuck in Detroit for 2 days
during a snow storm I didn't have time to get any good pictures of the
individual parts. The body on the car has a lot of rust, and most of the
extra front fenders will need some work as well. The material on the
side curtains is not in the best shape either, but some may be
repairable. As much as I'd like to ship parts from Indiana to people who
are nearby, I still haven't gone through the parts in enough detail to
know which ones I'll keep, and which ones I can sell. So I'll have to
wait until I get everything back to Seattle before I can unload
anything.

BTW, I also have a TR4 grill in pretty good shape and a curved
windshield from a car that I have yet to identify. I think the PO was
more into collecting parts than he was putting them back together. Is
that a disease one contracts while performaing a restoration?

Thanks for all the responses, and I'll let you know how it's going.

Dan Scharpf
dscharpf@hotmail.com
54 tr2 TS3590L
77 MGB