RE: Cross-country transport for a TR2 and parts

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, "'Dan Scharpf'" <dscharpf@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Cross-country transport for a TR2 and parts
From: "Hutmacher, Greg" <ghutmacher@stanleyworks.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 12:02:36 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
The problem I think you are going to have and the reason you are probably
getting such high prices is the salvage yard that goes with the car.  That
sounds like quite a lot of cubic volume and weight. You may want to scour
through Hemmings...there are a number of transporters that advertise there.
But, with all that stuff, you may find similar prices.  Have you considered
just renting an enclosed trailer and driving it yourself.  If you had the
time, that may be an option. Or you could just sell off all the extras to
some lister in Indiana!  :-)  I'll be curious to know how you end up
transporting it all.  Let me know.
Regards, Greg in Texas
76 TR6
68 MGB/GT