Cross-country transport for a TR2 and parts

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Cross-country transport for a TR2 and parts
From: "Dan Scharpf" <dscharpf@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 08:11:48 PST
After recently purchasing a 54 TR2, I subscribed to the list in order to
absorb as much information as possible from the Triumph faithful. The
car I bought was sitting in a woman's garage in Indiana for the last 24
years and I need to find a way of transporting it out to Seattle. Does
anyone on the list do this, or does anyone have any recommendations on
who I should call to have this done? The quotes I've gotten from Uhaul
and Ryder were around $1200-$1400, which is quite a bit more than I'd
like to pay.

I got the car rolling when I went to pack it up at Christmas, and it has
a lot of extra parts with it:
4 transmissions
8 doors
2 hoods
6 front fenders
1 extra spare tire cover panel
1 extra seat
TR3 front apron
rear differntial
3 sets of carbs and manifolds
an extra head
9 side curtains
2 radiators
3 sets of bumpers
an extra steering wheel
an extra instrument panel with some gauges
and boxes of assorted brackets, bolts and misc parts

Many of these will be for sale once I sort through them. If you're
interested in any of these parts, please e-mail me and I'll keep your
name handy when I get things sorted out. In the mean time, I'm looking
for someone to haul this back to Seattle for me. So if you know of
anyone that does this, please let me know.

This will be my first "frame-off" restoration so I'm sure I'll be
contacting the list many times over the next few years looking for
advice. I've visited some of the TR3 home pages that have been listed
here and they've already been a tremendous help.

Thanks,

Dan Scharpf
54 TR2 TS3590L
77 MGB