RE: Canadian Car Sale

To: econrad@teal.csn.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Canadian Car Sale
From: Day.John@fin.gc.ca
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 14:27:27 -0500
You got it right, Eric. Our poor, little 'loonie' (named for the picture of
the Loon (a bird, not a politician) on one side) is currently worth about 65
cents U.S., or (what really hurts!) that one USD costs about $1.50 Canadian!
A car worth $8000 in the States suddenly becomes $12,000 for us up here. A
strong incentive to sell at times (but I've had my 1976 TR6 since 1979 -
it'd be like losing an arm or leg).
Cheers, JD.