RE: Canadian Car Sale

To: "'Triumphs' (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Canadian Car Sale
From: econrad <econrad@teal.csn.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 12:20:00 -0700
If I'm thinking of this correctly, one pitfall would be that she should either
have the Canadian pay in US currency, or she should ensure that the current
exchange rate is figured into the sale.

If the Canadian dollar is "weaker" than the US dollar, then it takes more than
one whole Canadian dollar to make up one whole US dollar.  Let's say the deal
is for a US owned car, asking price is $1,000 US.  If the Canadian is only
offering to pay $1,000 dollars, unbeknownst to the owner that they are in fact
only Canadian dollars, the owner actually sold the car for less than the $1,000
US.

Am I thinking correctly?

Anyway, it might be something to watch out for.  Sorry I don't have the
conversion figures.  They will be helpful.

Eric Conrad
Denver, CO
econrad@teal.csn.net