TR6-Chassis ID

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6-Chassis ID
From: Chris Kincer <cgkincer@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 11:30:22 -0800 (PST)
I own a Magenta 73 TR6.  However the chassis plate says it's a 71,
jasmine yellow.  I know it is origially purple because every part of
the car is purple, firewall, floorpans etc.  Also I know it has to be
a 73, b/c of dash, gauges, seats, rear valance lights, and air cowl
are all what you would find on a 73.  What I'm wondering is why the
DPO, who I do not know, or how many po's there have been, would have
put this chassis id in the doorpost.  I have owned the car for almost
ten years now and am repainting, re doing interior and suspension.  It
has always bugged me that I do not know the cars history especially
the chassis Id mystery.  How can I go about finding the correct
chassis # so when it is repainted I can reinstall the ID plate.

Thanks,
Chris Kincer
73 TR6
Lexington KY