Re: TR6 clutch hydraulics

To: Irv Korey <emanteno@ibm.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 clutch hydraulics
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 16:24:31 -0800
Cc: "Hutmacher, Greg" <ghutmacher@stanleyworks.com>, "'Steve Chandler'" <chand@primenet.com>, "'Triumphs List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
I don't know if the TR6 has that infamous loop in the
clutch line as does the Spitfires.  If so, it may be
the culprit.  This loop is a great place to trap air
that is difficult to bleed out.

One recommendation is to back feed the line from the
slave connection by using a squeeze bottle filled with
brake fluid.  Squirt fluid into the line until it comes
out the top.  Then cap the top so that like a hose, the
fluid will stay in place while you reconnect the slave
connection.  Finally, reconnect the master cylinder and
bleed as normally done.

Joe

--
 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer