RE: TR6 clutch hydraulics

To: "'Steve Chandler'" <chand@primenet.com>, "'Triumphs List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR6 clutch hydraulics
From: "Hutmacher, Greg" <ghutmacher@stanleyworks.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 18:59:33 -0500
Thanks, Steve, I'll give it a try.  I just went out and bought a one man
vacuum bleeding system for about $40 after I posted the question this
afternoon.  It pulls a vacuum at the bleeder screw on the slave cylinder and
allows one person to bleed.  Unfortunately, I've had no more luck with it.
I've fed a total of about 40 ounces or more through and it still is not
actuating the clutch.  It appears to still have air in the lines because the
clear tube is still pulling bubbles.  And the slave cylinder is installed
right way up with the bleed valve on top.  I'm going to try your method now.
If that doesn't work, I guess I'll have to pull the master cylinder and
start over.
Thanks, Greg