Re: TR6 clutch hydraulics

To: "Hutmacher, Greg" <ghutmacher@stanleyworks.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 clutch hydraulics
From: Thomas Howard <howard@lsschools.k12.ca.us>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 15:08:49 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
It could be that there is a traped air bubble that is not getting flushed out.

Is your bleed screw the at the highest point of the slave cylindar?  If not
there can be a bubble in there that just sits there (at the top) while you
push fluid through.

A alternitive is that the "New" master cylindar is not doing the job.  This
is my last choice.  Really check for air trapped in the system first.

Tom Howard.

At 05:25 PM 1/16/99 -0500, you wrote:

>I'm embarrassed that I'm having to ask this, but I've just spent all day
>trying to bleed my TR6 clutch hydraulics and have been unsuccessful.  I've
>done this simple task a number of times over the years and have never had
>this much trouble.  I've just installed a new master cylinder as the old one
>was shot.  I did not replace the slave cylinder since it appears fine.  I
>flushed a significant amount of fluid through to flush the impurities out
>before I closed the bleed screw.  Then I began bleeding the system with the
>traditional bleed tube in a glass jar full of hydraulic fluid. I am getting
>no air bubbles through the bleed tube anymore, but the clutch peddle has
>little resistance and is not actuating the clutch.  If the job is done right
>and all goes well, how long does it take to get the air out?  Maybe there is
>some obvious thing I've overlooked.  I hope so.  Thoughts?
>Thanks, Greg
>76 TR6
>68 MGB/GT

Tom Howard