Insurance

To: triumphs@triumph.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Insurance
From: Dennis Barr <tr357@cdsnet.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 17:20:16 -0800
Hi Listers: I think it is important that we all participate in this
discussion. All of us have good and bad experiences with
service/insurance companies. I am always surprised when an agent quotes
me a price and is not at all willing to negotiate the rate. I have to
"deal" EVERYDAY in the dental supply business. We always try to please
our customers with price and service. They go together. But, we are very
aware that price comes first, and service after-the-sale brings
customers back. Why are they(the insurance companies) always willing to
"sell" the policy, but not at all thrilled with working with you to give
you better value and better protection. I discovered, from the same
agent, we have two of our vans with almost 50% different coverage. Both
used for the same thing and mileage.  If one of them is in an accident I
will probably be sued for the higher amount. Why didn't the agent see
this and let me know. A NEW AGENT IS NOW HANDLING OUR VANS.
My recent example of insurance that is less than a good value. I highly
recommend that you get competitive quotes each time you renew.
Sorry for band width.
Dennis Barr