Re: Incompatible

To: TR <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Incompatible
From: George Hahn <geohahn@azstarnet.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 1999 12:59:11 -0700

Sumner Weisman wrote:
> > Big problem!  I can't latch the doors.  The top comes down low enough so
> > that the fabric hits the inside tops of the side curtains, and the doors
> > won't shut.  Has anyone else had this problem?  Is there anything I can do
> > about it other then buy another new top?  How does the top and the side
> > curtains interface?

On my TR3 the flaps along the top side of the curtains are still towards
the inside when I slam the door; however, the door does close.  Then I
can push the top flap out over the top edge of the curtain and run my
finger back along the top edge so the top is outside the door along the
full length.  Any more clearance and I wouldn't have a great seal.  Any
less and I wouldn't be able to close the door.  Unfortunately I'm not
sure how to adjust to achieve this spot.  The suggestion of lowering the
brackets seems may be the only way.

As for the front edge: mine do fit into that groove in the stantions.
The drivers side slips in when the door closes, the passenger side needs
something run along it to pop in (usually my house key), but then it's
really in there.  I seem to seldom have passengers... usually my wife
and she thinks I being very considerate when I insist on closing her
door for her.  Could probably adjust it backwards an 1/8 inch or so but
just haven't bothered.

Oh, the curtains are from TRF from about 15 years ago.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A