Re: Spitfire: Replacing Soft Top

To: reagntsj@ricochet.net, vmichael@tibco.com
Subject: Re: Spitfire: Replacing Soft Top
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 13:21:21 EDT
Cc: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net, spitfire-enthusiast@makelist.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 98-08-23 01:41:39 EDT, reagntsj@ricochet.net writes:

> Victor,
>
>  Take a look at
>
>  http://www.vtr.org/maintain/maintain.html
>
>  This is the maintenance area of the Vintage Triumph Register. It has a
>  detailed article about installing a TR4 top, but notes it is generally
>  applicable to all Triumphs. I hope it helps.
>

>  Alan Myers
>  San Jose, Calif.
>  '62 TR4 #CT17602

Vic, careful.  My article on the TR4 top only GENERALLY applies to others.
The reasons are several:

1) The TR4 top comes completely off when not in use.  Therefore it is not
permanently fixed to the hoodsticks.

2) The TR4 top front edge has a sewn-in three piece metal strip which fits
into a lip on the top outer edge of the windscreen.  No other TR has that, I
think.  The others use hooks or rods which go down through the windscreen
capping inside the windscreen frame.

Good luck.

Art Kelly