Re: WWII Aircraft

To: "Robert B. Houston" <transerv@sprynet.com>
Subject: Re: WWII Aircraft
From: "Sumner Weisman" <sweisman@gis.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 20:27:44 -0400
Cc: "Triumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Robert,

I've been on I10 in Houston, that's all.  Imagining NEW P-51's is
mind-boggling to me.  Bet they cost a helluva lot more than the government
paid in WWII!

Sumner

----------
From: Robert B. Houston <transerv@sprynet.com>
To: sweisman@gis.net; triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: WWII Aircraft
Date: Tuesday, August 18, 1998 8:16 PM

Just saw your note about WWII aircraft on the digest.  If you are ever
crossing the country on I10 take time out near El Paso, TX at the Santa
Teresa,NM airport....gentleman there has the War Eagles air museum.

They have several immaculate craft, and even have the jigs and parts to
manufacture NEW P51's!  Last time I was there they had a new one with only
16 hrs on it...complete up to and including the 50 cals in the wings.

Robert Houston
63TR4