Re: WWII Aircraft

To: <ArthurK101@aol.com>
Subject: Re: WWII Aircraft
From: "Sumner Weisman" <sweisman@gis.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 1998 10:21:16 -0400
Cc: "Triumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Hello Art,

I'll bet most folks on this list are younger than us!  I used to build
"solid models".  Instead of buying them (no money) I would carve them from
a block of pine.  The wings were beautifully filleted, details like the
flaps were carved in, etc.  I was a great carver, but a bad painter!  When
I went to paint the models, I ruined them.  Maybe that's why I had someone
else paint my Triumph.

My favorites were the P-40 (Flying Tiger), P-38 (Lockheed Lightning), P-39
(Bell Aircobra) and the P-47 (Mustang).

Sumner