Re: Stealth Bomber

To: sweisman@gis.net, gpetrola@prairienet.org
Subject: Re: Stealth Bomber
From: David Allinson - Telco Platforms Group Slough <David.Allinson@UK.Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 09:38:29 +0100 (BST)
Cc: David.Allinson@UK.Sun.COM, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Sumner/Greg,

all that I can tell you is that Aldershot is renowned as the home of the
British Army. I used to own  a house built in the late 1860s for
a returning General from the Crimean war, in a part of Farnborough
called North Camp ( a reference to the Army's North Camp in
Aldershot). The place is littered with barracks used and a lot
now unused due to defence cutbacks. Surrounding areas like Sandhurst,
Fleet, Deepcut etc all have the officers training grounds and
royal logistics etc, but Aldershot is where most of the core
army are trained. Aldershot itself does have reputation for the
odd midnight brawl, but the red cap keep things in order.

If you get any British TV exports look out for a fly on the
wall documentary called Red Caps set in Aldershot and
a drama called Soldier Soldier which recently has been
set in Aldershot.

I'll ask around see if I can get more info on the Kipling
connection.

David.

{}  Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 12:30:28 -0500 (CDT)
{}  From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>