Stealth Bomber

To: <David.Allinson@UK.Sun.COM>
Subject: Stealth Bomber
From: "Sumner Weisman" <sweisman@gis.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 17:12:29 -0400
Cc: "Triumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
David,

Since you mentioned Aldershot, it reminds me of one of my favorite poems,
Gunga Din by Rudyard Kipling.  He wrote, "When you're sent to penny-fights
and Aldershot it."  Any idea what he meant by that?  I've known his writing
since I was very young, and have wondered what that meant.

I've seen the Stealth Bomber from a distance, and have seen the space
shuttle take off from 1/4 mile away at Kennedy, and there's no comparison
IMHO.  I could feel the vibrations of the shuttle in the pit of my stomach,
and it was memorable.  The day was so clear that I could easily see the
separation of the booster rockets.  I kept saying to myself, "There are
seven people in there!"  What a thrill.

Sumner Weisman
62 TR-3B