RE: Buying/selling

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, "'Luiching@aol.com'" <Luiching@aol.com>
Subject: RE: Buying/selling
From: "Linda Long (IM)" <LLong@Kollmorgen.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 1998 09:45:02 -0400
I have bought several Items from peers on the list and have NEVER had a
problem.  My approach has been
1) send a personal check
2) receive the part
3) enjoy the part and my TR's
4) live my life
5) then we all die

People need to lighten up (comment not aimed at you, Mark) and keep
things in perspective.  I believe 99.9% of human's are honest and
99.999% on the list are honest).  Why get hung up developing strategies
to deal with .001% of the population.  I also buy things from EBay and
always get a chuckle out of the standard "if you send personal check, it
will be held 10 days to clear before the merchandise is shipped."
policy.  The reality is that if I drove to their flea infested "antique
shop" they would take my personal check with no questions, I'd drive
away, and they would be SOL if my check bounced.  Why are people so
paranoid about transactions that take place over the 'net?  Do they
really think any army of people are lurking out there scheming to steal
their vast wealth that has been accumulated over the decades?

In case you can't tell...it's raining here, I can't work on the TR's,
and the good sturdy women has a long list of non-TR related tasks.  It's
easier to stand on the soap box rather than get to work

bye for now

Tom Long

64TR4
68TR250