RE: US vs. UK, now it's just a thing of beauty....

To: Allen Nugent <A.Nugent@unsw.edu.au>
Subject: RE: US vs. UK, now it's just a thing of beauty....
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 07:53:21 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: Tom Gentry <tgentry@execpc.com>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Thu, 13 Aug 1998, Allen Nugent wrote:

> At 09:29 12/08/98 -0500, you wrote:
> >
> >Railtons... Allards... TVR Griffiths... Sunbeam Tigers... Jensen
> Interceptors...
> >
> >IMHO the one with the looks to match the power is still the Cobra.
>
> If we include Italy, I vote for the Ferrari GTO twin-turbo (the one from the
> '80's, not the older one). I think it's better looking than the Cobra, and
> does 0-60 mph in 4.5 seconds.

        C'm on Allen... there's not a Ferrari made after 1979 that can
        hold a candle to the cars of the 50's and 60's... talk about raw
        sexuality. If we're talking about Maranello's pride, my votes for
        the 1960 GT250 SWB...

        Is it any wonder the Brits and Americans turned to the
        Italians for exterior design on some of their "sexier" creations?

        The Aston Martin DB4 Zagato? The Arnolt Bristol (body by Bertone)
        among many others (lack of caffiene keeps me from remembering more)

        Triumph sure kept Michelotti busy for a number of years

        Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois